Mexican Spinach Dip

Last week a few friends and I had a little shower for my friend Maggie. Maggie is going to have her 3rd boy in a few short weeks, and we wanted to give her a bit of pampering. I spotted this recipe at Cassie's blog Cassie Craves. It sounded delicious and super easy for a low key get together. I love spinach dip and it was a tasty twist on an old favorite. The only change I made was to add the second cup of cheese to the top of the dip versus stirring both cups into the dip and baking (I like a little extra gooey cheese on top!). My friends loved this dip and we gobbled it up along with guacamole, nachos on the grill, and jello poke cake. Yummy! This weekend is my friend Amanda's wedding day! I have my Maid of Honor Speech down and am so excited to see her walk down the isle! After the wedding we are heading to Door County for the rest of the weekend!


Ingredients

1 16 oz jar salsa, medium or hot
1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1 8 oz package cream cheese, diced and softened
1 8 oz carton sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste


Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream till smooth. Add spinach, 1 cup cheese, and salsa. Mix well and season to taste.

Spread into a medium baking dish and top with remaning cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly on the sides.

Labels: , , ,