Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs

This recipe from Real Mom Kitchen for  Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs  jumped out at me.  First, it was an easy recipe and second it was for one of my favorite comfort foods: Swedish meatballs. I have made a few different recipes for Swedish meatballs on this blog and each one had a different preparation method. You see, my grandmother was Swedish and hr mother came to the United States as a teenager. Swedish meals were very traditional and common during holidays growing up, and my family always adores our family recipe for Swedish meatballs. I haven't posted it on here because I never really feel like it is mine to giveaway. However, I can tell you it is different than most of the recipes I see circulating and allows the meatballs to rest in the gravy overnight before baking in the oven before serving....so yummy. On a side note, I recently saw Lutesfisk in the frozen section of my grocery store.... That was one of my least favorite things as a kid and am not sure I even want to know how the frozen variety is. 

This recipe is not very traditional, but it is delicious, easy and kid approved. In my house those are all important factors! I used a frozen meatball in my recipe, but you certainly could use a homemade frozen meatball and have delicious results. I opted to serve our meatballs over egg noodles and topped with a bit of freshly chopped parsley and everyone gobbled their portions down. 

Today we are in for a big snow storm- possible 12 inches! It is the end of March! Even living in Wisconsin a large snowfall like this one is not the norm....not the norm at all.... It is also a full moon and maybe that, paired with the storm, will kick me into labor and we will be having a baby tomorrow night! I can always hope right?  I was planning to watch SVU with my friend Emily, but I think we will have to put that on hold and hunker down at home! 

All is going well on the baby front. Nothing new to report now besides some Braxton-Hicks (this has been going on since 32 weeks so nothing new), but as many of you know that can change quickly especially since it is our second one! I have been sleeping pretty well and that makes me very thankful, but I keep getting leg cramps! Ugh! I am taking a little extra magnesium and getting a bit more calcium and potassium to help. They have improved, but are a not so fun pregnancy side effect! 

Hope everyone is having a great week- if you are in the snow belt good luck today!


Ingredients

1 (10¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1¾ cups beef broth
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
2 Tbsp A-1 steak sauce
1 (2 lb) bag frozen meatballs
1 cup light sour cream
1 (16 oz) package egg noodles
2 Tbl butter, optional
Chopped fresh parsley


Instructions

In a crock pot, combine the soup, beef broth, onion soup, and steak sauce. Next, mix in the frozen meatballs and coat well.

Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 5 hours.

Just before meatballs are done, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with butter, if desired. 

Before serving, add the sour cream to the mixture and stir until combined. Serve meatballs over the cooked egg noodles and sprinkle shopped parsley over the top.

Labels: , , ,