Weekly Meal Plan 3/28 - 4/3

Happy Monday!

Baby boy has not decided to join us yet, but I am still plugging away and waiting for his arrival. Tomorrow is my official due date so he is not even "late" yet!  I think I have heard that second babies come sooner about 100 times and since Kellen was born at almost 43 weeks this little boy still has some time to spare by that calculation! However, his mother would love sooner than later!

This weekend was so much fun! On Friday, we opted to get take-out and relaxed at home. On Saturday, Kellen and I headed to my parents house to color Easter eggs before turning them into deviled eggs on Sunday. 



The eggs were lovely and we grabbed lunch after before heading home so Kellen could get a little shut eye.  Later in the evening, we grabbed subs and relaxed at home (life is pretty exciting these days!). 

On Sunday, we were up early to see if the bunny came for a visit and enjoys a few sweets for breakfast!


Later, I headed to my parents to start a few things for dinner. Kellen came with so he could nap there as everything was prepared. We had a quick lunch of homemade egg rolls from a friend and I got working on the ham and potatoes. Our menu included: smoked ham in the slow cooker, scalloped potatoes, grilled asparagus, deviled eggs, green salad and homemade bread. We also had a delicious carrot cake for dessert! My in-laws joined us for dinner and everyone has a wonderful time with good food and conversation!

This little guy was proud of his Easter shirt:


We watched some basketball after dinner and headed home shortly after- such a fun day. I was exhausted after cooking, but was able to sit a relax once we got home! 

This week is completely up in the air depending on baby boy. My cousin and her daughter are coming for a visit from Chicago this afternoon and will stay till Wednesday. We have swim tonight and are stopping at my parents for dinner afterwards. My weekly menu looks are bit out of the ordinary, but I don't want to buy a bunch of food to have it sit in the fridge.... many nights might be flying by the seat of our pants! I tried to plan easy menus that could go in the freezer if need be like burgers & brats and a casserole because I can put the ingredients in the freezer easily for when we get home. 

Wish us luck this week! Here is what is on tap: 

Monday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad and Bread
Tuesday: Due Date! Out for Pizza!
Wednesday: Tater Tot Casserole and Green Beans
Thursday: Grilled Burgers and Brats, Beans and Cottage Cheese
Friday: Out for Fish
Saturday: Easter with Leckers
Sunday: Grilled BBQ Chicken, Mac and Cheese and Peas

Labels: