Weekly Meal Plan 11/12 - 11/18

Hello Friends!

Long time no chat! After my last post in October, Hand, Foot and Mouth infiltrated our house starting with my 18 month-old on a Monday evening. It just happened to be a very busy week at school for me because we had a group of 5th graders coming to have a tour (by group I mean there were 800 of them from local grade schools). Ron and I split childcare since Rowan was home from school till his fever was down and blisters started to heal. We spent the days cleaning every toy, vacuuming and sanitizing. Kellen had this virus when we was about that same age as Rowan and it was a pain and thankfully Kellen stuck to the table and living room to steer clear of Rowan. However, that following it got worse....Ron got it. My husband is wonderful at many things, but being sick if not one of them. It is somewhat of a running joke between both our families at Ron's behavior when he is ill. I should say that this virus is pretty horrible for adults and this time is was not unwarranted. So Ron was out of commission and I was by myself to keep everything Rowan AND Ron touched clean. I think I went through 8 cans of Lysol and 5 big things of Clorox wipes....who knows what brain damage I gave us with that. I was doing all the childcare, cleaning/sanitizing, meals, and laundry over the next week and a half and was exhausted by the end.  Right when we thought we were in the clear, Kellen puked at school and had to come home. Thankfully I think Kellen's was a fluke, but two days later Ron got a 12 hour stomach bug....and another round of wiping everything down again.  Fast forward to today I think, knock on wood, we are all doing much better. 

I had a few exams this past week which hopefully went well considering out home turmoil. I was able to get out of the house and attend a Board and Brush with some friends. I made a cute stocking holder for the holidays. I love the board projects. They take awhile, but turn out so cute! 
Ron and I also had dinner with my Dad on Friday while my in-laws watched the boys for a much needed break after the past 3 1/2 weeks! Saturday was for sleeping for some, but I was up early for a Pure Barre Empower class before running errands for the week. Kellen brings snack for the class this week so it is always a big shopping weekend when it is our turn.  Today, I am heading over the the barre studio shortly and then finishing Kellen's snack list before coming home for the Packer game at noon. Since Rogers got hurt we have not been doing great, but maybe this week will turn around. 

This week is thankfully pretty slow and later in the week we have Kellen's conferences and are going to attend the tree lighting and the Holiday parade!

Here is what is on tap: 

Sunday: One Pot Baked Ziti, Salad and Garlic Bread
Monday: Pizza
Tuesday: Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole and Peas
Wednesday: Bacon Pierogie Bake and Green Beans
Thursday: Weeknight White Chicken Chili
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Dinner at a friend's house!

Labels: